• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Naija
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGsR5CVHh_T4nMLiKhfV7qg
https://queennaija.lnk.to/EPYD

Early life

Queen Naija was born on October 17, 1995, in Ypsilanti, Michigan. She has described her ethnicity as a mix of "Black, Italian and Arab".[4] Her mother is African-American and Italian, and her father is Arab, originally from Yemen.[5]

Her birth name, Queen Naija, was given to her by her mother. "Queen" was inspired by her grandmother, who had the same first name, and "Naija" represented her father's name, Naiji.[6]

Queen Naija
Birth name Queen Naija Bulls
Born 17 October 1995 (age 23)
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
Genres R&B
Occupation(s)

SingersongwriterYoutuber

Years active 2014–present
Labels

Capitol Records

Queen Naija Bulls (born October 17, 1995), known professionally as Queen Naija, is an American singer and songwriter.

In December 2017, she self-released the song "Medicine".[1] She was an unsigned social media star, but the song made a No. 45 debut on the Billboard Hot 100 for the week of April 10, 2018.[2] In June 2018, she released her second single, "Karma", this time as a signed artist to Capitol Records. On its release day, the song reached #1 overall on the iTunes charts.[3]

Career
2014: American Idol

Queen Naija first gained prominence as a contestant on the eighth season of American Idol. At age 17, Queen Naija, then known as Queen Bulls, returned to audition for a second time, after her audition two years previously did not advance her into the next round.[7] In the eighth season, she succeeded in her audition and advanced into the Hollywood round, but was cut when the top 30 were chosen.[7] After her Idol days, Queen Naija went back to working as a security guard. She concentrated on her YouTube career.[8]
2016–present: Youtube

Queen Naija began her career as a Youtuber in 2016 alongside her now ex-husband, Christopher Sails. The Youtube channel named "Chris and Queen" consisted of couple-related videos such as challenges, story times, vlogs and pranks. It also consisted of music by the couple, including a few popular songs with each other and remixed/covered songs.[9] The couple's channel quickly grew in popularity, reaching over 2.3 million subscribers within a year.[citation needed]

In November 2017, the couple officially separated, and Queen filed for divorce. Their channel, which held over 2.3 million subscribers, was given to Sails by Queen Naija after she filed for divorce and left him; he renamed it to Chris Sails.[10]

On April 4, 2017, she created her own Youtube channel named "Queen Naija". She has said that she created her own channel while still being a part of the couple channel was because she wanted something to fall back on if the relationship took a turn for the worse.[10] Once her relationship with Sails officially ended, Queen Naija built up her own Youtube channel, which had around 600,000 subscribers at the time. Within a year, her solo channel had surpassed the old channel, and has 3.4 million subscribers as of October 2018.[11]

In July 2018, Queen Naija created a new collaborative Youtube channel, "Royal Family", alongside her boyfriend Clarence White. Their videos include challenges, vlogs, story times and family content. The channel has 1.4 million subscribers as of October 2018.[12]
2016–2017: Musical career beginnings

Queen Naija began her career with music while she was on Youtube. She created music with her ex-husband Chris, including popular songs such as "Maybe", "Come to This", and "Exclusive Girl". She also collaborated on music with close friends, whom she considers her brothers, Armon & Trey, on covers and original songs. Queen also created song covers/remixes on her own. Though all of the song collaborations and covers/remixes grew in popularity among fans, they never went mainstream nor outside of the Youtube platform.[13]

After her public breakup, Queen Naija decided to channel her emotions into a song which she hoped could answer the questions many fans had about her relationship. She dropped "Medicine" on December 31, 2017, and in less than two weeks, it had more than 2 million views on Youtube.[14] In an interview with Fader magazine, she described the song as "Medicine was basically made to confirm to my supporters on YouTube what happened in my marriage. They wanted to know was I leaving or not. I didn't want to say anything because the first time after the cheating situation happened, I stayed. I felt stupid. But then it happened again privately and I didn't want everyone to be like, I told you so. So instead of talking about it, I told them I'd write a song about it. Once I saw how crazy it went outside of YouTube, I was like, Okay, I need to take music more seriously. I've always wanted to sing — I've been singing since I was three. I knew it was going to happen somehow, but I didn't know how."[15]
2018: new artist/breakout R&B star

Queen Naija began 2018 by releasing the song "Medicine." In January 2018, she did an official lyrics & meaning interview with Genius.[16] A month after the song's release, it continued to spark buzz, and had 5 million views.[16] The buzz around the song captured the attention of record labels across the country. Queen documented on her Youtube channel a few meetings with record labels that she attended with her team/management.[17] By March 2018, Queen’s initial song post of "Medicine" had more than 10 million views.[18] An official music video was released later that month, which sparked even more buzz and capitalized on the growing interest of the song.[2] The video acquired 4.5 million views on the day of its release, and has over 73 million views as of October 2018.[19]

On April 25, 2018, Queen Naija signed to Capitol Records.[20] On June 28, 2018, she released her second single, "Karma". She had written and recorded the song in January 2018, which caused an increased anticipation from fans for its release.[21] In an interview with Genius, she described this song as being a more personal story: "I just was trying to get a more personal because “Medicine” was personal. I just wanted to tell people how I really, really, really felt, like about not being confident about myself, and the reason why. I wanted people to know all the good that I was doing too. Like, how I stuck by his side, and all that stuff. How I was a good woman, and how I felt."[22] On it's release day, the song reached #1 overall on the iTunes charts.[23] "Karma" closed the week as the thirteenth-best seller in the United States, thus taking #13 on the Billboard Digital Songs sales chart.[24] In July 2018, "Karma" debuted at #63 on the Billboard Hot 100.[25] Three months after its release, the video has over 45 million views, as of October 2018.[26]
2018: Queen Naija EP

Queen Naija released her self-titled extended play on July 27, 2018. It consists of five songs: "Medicine", "Karma", "Mama's Hand", "Butterflies", and "Bad Boy".[27] The project includes production from No I.D., El Jefe, Rob Grimaldi, 30HERTZBEATS, and ClickNPress.[28]

Queen Naija has described the EP as an emotional journey in which each song describes either an experience or emotion she has gone through.[29] The songs reference topics including heartbreak and betrayal, motherhood, and finding new love again.[30] "Medicine" deals with her heartbreak and emotions toward her ex-partner, and "Karma" explains overcoming the heartbreak while sending a message that she will be fine. "Mama's Hand" dedicated to her son; she promises to give him everything and encourages him to have optimistic thoughts about the future.[31] "Butterflies" reveals that she is beginning to fall in love again with someone new. "Bad Boy" describes her connection with a new lover, and how her goodness may cause him to change for the better.[31] On August 2018, the EP debuted at #26 on the Billboard 200 and reached #1 on the Apple Music R&B charts.[32]
Personal life
Relationship with Christopher Sails

Queen Naija met Christopher Sails, her now ex-husband, at a high school basketball game where he asked for her phone number but she denied him.[10] The couple got married at the age of 19, on October 2014, to avoid having a baby out of wedlock after she found out she was pregnant.[33] On February 2015, Queen gave birth to their son, Christopher Jeremiah.

In 2016, Queen Naija and Sails began gaining popularity from their Facebook/Vine videos being labeled as "relationship goals".[33] Despite gaining popularity and their videos going viral, the couple was still struggling financially, and lived in a one-bedroom apartment in Section 8 housing.[10] They discovered Youtube, where they learned that one could make money by posting videos on the platform.[33] They created the channel named "Chris and Queen", where they posted videos of challenges, story times, and pranks that quickly grew in popularity.

In September 2017, at the peak of their success, money and internet fame, Sails was publicly accused by multiple women of cheating.[33] The couple each uploaded videos on their Youtube channel, in which Queen expressed her anger, hurt, and humiliation while Sails admitted to his wrongs and asked for forgiveness.[34] After multiple attempts to make their marriage work, Queen Naija kept discovering through more accusers that he had remained unfaithful.[10] Queen Naija left Chris and filed for divorce in November 2017.[33] She described the divorce process as easy after Sails agreed to sign the divorce papers. She let him keep everything, which included the couple's Youtube channel, house, cars, and money.[10] The divorce was finalized on April 2, 2018.
Relationship with Clarence White

Queen Naija and Clarence White's friendship caused internet buzz after they appeared together on Instagram live.[35] In January 2018, when Queen Naija flew to New York for a Genius interview for her song "Medicine", the two collaborated on multiple Youtube videos, seen by millions of viewers.[36][37][38] The pair hosted club events, had photoshoots together and began gaining even more popularity on Youtube from more collaboration videos with one another. They were later signed under the same management, Spicy Management.[39]

White was featured as a new lover in the video "Medicine"[40] in March 2018. Through March and April, he attended record label meetings to support Queen Naija, and was present when she signed to Capitol Records.[41][42][43] After months of speculation, the two went public with their relationship at the 2018 BET Awards carpet.[44]

The couple created a joint Youtube channel called "Royal Family", where the pair announced Queen Naija's pregnancy; they are expecting a boy on January 23rd 2019.[45]

DuanCulo

Staff member

DuanCulo

Staff member

DuanCulo

Staff member