• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official Formula 1 Racing Thread

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Another key issue that needs some adjustment: The money

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
The FIA and F1 just confirmed that the season opener in Australia has been cancelled. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
The FIA and F1 just confirmed that the season opener in Australia has been cancelled. Crap! Crap! Crap!

I hear ya!

Sounds like you're right aBOUT the Monaco GP plans...

F1 chiefs determined to salvage Monaco Grand Prix amid widespread coronavirus outbreak... with discussions ongoing for prestigious race to take place later in the season

Formula One bosses hope to create a new timetable to salvage their season
The sport's decision makers hope to restart the season at the end of May
Due to the prestige of the Monaco Grand Prix, bosses are keen not to cancel it
Paddock insiders believe the Azerbaijan Grand Prix on June 7 is more feasible

Formula One bosses are in discussions with the Monaco authorities in an attempt to save its showpiece grand prix from falling victim to the coronavirus pandemic.

While the travelling circus caught flights home from Melbourne after Sunday's planned opening round of the season was called off, the FIA and the sport’s owners Liberty Media are trying to plot a new timetable to salvage the season.

As of now, Liberty are officially intending to go racing again at the end of May, meaning Monaco may yet kick off the season on May 24.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rix-amid-widespread-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Rey C.

Because of this stupid Covid-19 virus (and mismanagement), my company is on the verge of going under. But what am I most troubled by?

Monaco GP canceled as coronavirus hits more F1 races

Companies/employers come and go. I've been with a few. But the Monaco Grand Prix only happens so many times during a lifetime. This feels like a year has been subtracted from my life. Yeah... really! :(

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
And these "Virtual Grand Prixs"... have to look into them some more, a nice effort, at least.

For now, F1 Youtube uploads a lot of great content

Rey C.

Newsflash: Helmut Marko is a retard. That is all.

Red Bull motorsport adviser Helmut Marko has proposed holding a training camp where Formula One drivers could get infected by the new coronavirus — an idea rejected by the team.

Marko told Austrian public broadcaster ORF on Sunday he wanted to gather drivers while the F1 season was suspended.

“We have four Formula One drivers, we have eight or 10 juniors and the idea was to hold a camp where we could bridge this rather dead time mentally and physically,” Marko said.

“And then it would be ideal, because these are all young, strong men in really good health, if the infection comes then. Then they would be equipped, if it starts up again, for a really hard world championship.”

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
An idea that is a bit of a gamble. But deeply in the spirit of another great austrioan leader, who had similar theories about the survival of the fittest.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
To pass time by, I will share some classic F1 clips for you guys

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Then again, there are virtual GPs right now. Exciting

Last edited:

Rey C.

A bit of shock in this statement.

Giacomelli: Verstappen would’ve died three or four times in the 80s

Max Verstappen’s trademark aggressive driving style would not have been possible prior to F1’s modern safety revolution, says former McLaren driver Bruno Giacomelli.

Giacomelli, who raced in the sport from 1977-1983 and again in 1990, was discussing the difference between eras with it.motorsport.com when he brought Verstappen up.

“Looking at the results, Schumacher has won seven world championships. Fangio won five, but Fangio won them with different cars and at a time when people were dying, you know what I mean?”

“Do you know what it means to die? It means that Verstappen, if he had driven the 80s cars that I drove, would have died at least three or four times.

“Nowadays drivers are no longer afraid in a Formula 1 car, because they are very safe.”

Rey C.

Not totally unexpected, but still... 😲

My hope is that I can cheer for Danny Ric in a red suit next season, and cheering for Leclerc too (though not finishing ahead of Hamilton for the WDC). :cool:

And good luck to Vettel, where ever he winds up.

Sebastian Vettel to leave Ferrari at end of 2020 season

Sebastian Vettel will leave Ferrari at the end of the 2020 Formula One season, the team announced on Tuesday.

Four-time world champion Vettel's contract was due to expire after the 2020 campaign and an agreement to extend the deal could not be reached.

The 32-year-old denied their failure to agree terms was due to the finances.

He said in a statement: "Scuderia Ferrari occupies a special place in Formula One and I hope it gets all the success it deserves.

"Finally, I want to thank the whole Ferrari family and above all its 'tifosi' all around the world, for the support they have given me over the years.

"My immediate goal is to finish my long stint with Ferrari, in the hope of sharing some more beautiful moments together, to add to all those we have enjoyed so far."

Team principal Mattia Binotto said: "This is a decision taken jointly by ourselves and Sebastian, one which both parties feel is for the best. It was not an easy decision to reach, given Sebastian's worth as a driver and as a person.

"There was no specific reason that led to this decision, apart from the common and amicable belief that the time had come to go our separate ways in order to reach our respective objectives.

"Sebastian is already part of the Scuderia's history, with his 14 grands prix wins making him the third most successful driver for the team, while he is also the one who has scored the most points with us.

"In our five years together, he has finished in the top three of the drivers' championship three times, making a significant contribution to the team's constant presence in the top three of the constructors' classification.

"On behalf of everyone at Ferrari, I want to thank Sebastian for his great professionalism and the human qualities he has displayed over these five years, during which we shared so many great moments.

"We have not yet managed to win a world title together, which would be a fifth for him, but we believe that we can still get a lot out of this unusual 2020 season."

Vettel's future in the sport looks unclear and his departure from Ferrari could lead to sweeping changes throughout the F1 grid.

Daniel Ricciardo and Carlos Sainz Jr are reportedly the leading candidates to become Charles Leclerc's new team-mate.

Ricciardo had a disappointing first season at Renault after joining on a two-year contract, while Sainz finished an impressive sixth in the drivers' standings for a resurgent McLaren in 2019.

Supafly

Retired Morgenmuffel
Bronze Member
Yes!!! This, as much as the perspective of the soon to be started - if somewhat late - 2020/2021 season, is making me glad. Vettel was a wreck on so many occasions in the past season, this could not go on. Good thing both move on seperate.

But Lecvlerq is now #1... which means: Riccardo, Alonso, of course NOT Hamilton will play second fiddle. But there will be a new pilot for Ferrari, and it will be great racing

Rey C.

Doesn't take people long to come up with fantasy photos:

d5d3ee04e6641c087416bdd484e6ed5e43daf62b8c0c4f663a98bd4fa4028589.jpg

Rey C.

Well, darn. Carlos Sainz got the Ferrari seat and Daniel is headed over to McLaren. Eh, that's OK. With the Merc p/u, the McLaren is still a step up from Renault.

I still haven't heard anything about Vettel though. I'm going to guess retirement could be in the cards for him.